Attention SVEC area educators:
Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative has committed up to $10,000 to fund creative, hands-on classroom projects that engage students in fun and innovative ways.
Teachers in SVEC area schools may apply for these funds through the new “Bright Ideas” Education Grant Program.
To apply, teachers must include:
• A budget
• Plan of implementation
• Creative elements
• Method of evaluation of project
• Approval from school principal
Who: All teachers K-12 in Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie and Bledsoe County schools
What: Education grants used to fund specific equipment, materials and projects that will benefit students and encourage learning; for innovative, classroom-based projects that would not otherwise be funded.
Where: All schools in the SVEC service area
When: Applications due by Monday, September 30, 2019; announcement of winners made October 2019.
How: Interested educators must complete a formal application thoroughly outlining their project by the deadline. Grant winners will be selected based on a competitive evaluation process.
The application may be submitted through the online form below or download and print the application.
To submit hardcopy application, drop-off at any SVEC office in a sealed envelope, to the attention of "Bright Ideas" OR mail to SVEC, Attn. Bright Ideas, P. O. Box 31, South Pittsburg, TN 37380; OR email to email@example.com.
• Applicant must be a teacher in a qualifying SVEC K-12 school
• The school principal must review and approve the proposal
• Requests for salaries or professional development do not qualify
• Directly involve students
• Seek to achieve clearly defined goals and learning objectives
• Use innovative and creative teaching methods
• Provide ongoing benefits to students.
• Feature measurable results that can be evaluated upon completion.
GRANT APPLICATION - submit online