Inspiring Educators - Lighting Up Lives Nomination Form
Nominate your most inspiring teacher
Nearly everyone can look back on their school days and remember a teacher who made a difference in his or her life, someone who inspired a love of learning or helped students see their own strengths and the unlimited possibilities in life. These are the teachers who chose their profession to enrich the lives of others. With your help, we at SVEC would like to take this year to recognize and reward 10 of these outstanding educators by having you nominate the teacher who has inspired you the most. See the guidelines and nomination form below.
1. Due date for nominations — the 15th of each month through October 2019. Nominations received after the 15th will be held for the next month. Those not recognized the month nominated will be considered in following months.
2. One nominee will be recognized in the SVEC section of The Tennessee Magazine February-December 2019, except September. Each will receive a $100 cash award.
3. In April 2020, one of the 10 individuals will be named the overall winner and will be further honored with a $1,000 donation to the school, cause or civic organization of his or her choice. SVEC members will be allowed to vote for their favorite nominees in the competition for the overall winner. Details for voting will be announced at voting time.
4. All nominees and nominators must be members of Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative, must teach in or be retired from teaching in a school in the SVEC service area and a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
5. SVEC employees, board members and their immediate families are not allowed to participate in the contest or win contest prizes.