SVEC prepared for possible power outages as Irma enters TN
With heavy rain and gusty winds (reaching possibly over 50 mph) increasing throughout this evening and through tomorrow, Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative has been preparing for possible power outages. Trucks are fueled, equipment loaded and crews on stand-by if there is trouble. We want SVEC members to be prepared too, so here are a few outage reporting and safety tips you may need:
REPORT ALL POWER OUTAGES
• Go to www.svalleyec.com (link on the Home page)
• Use the SVEC app for iPhone or Android or
• Call your local office or 1-888-421-SVEC (7832)
• Please DO NOT report power outages on the SVEC Facebook page. The page is not linked to the SVEC outage management system or to dispatchers.
• Stay away/do not drive over downed lines and report to 911 immediately.
• Stay away from trees/branches caught in power lines.
• Pay attention to local weather reports and recommendations and keep a weather radio near-by.
• Never step into a flooded basement or other area if water is covering electrical outlets, appliances or cords.
• When using a generator, follow all manufacturers’ recommendations. Please contact SVEC to let us know if a generator is being used at your location.
We are hoping for the best, but in the event of major power outage, we will post updates on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/svalleyec, on our Twitter page @ SValleyEC and on our webiste.