Attention SVEC area educators:
After nearly a year and a half of virtual learning, Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative has again committed up to $10,000 to fund creative, hands-on classroom projects that engage students in fun and innovative ways.
Teachers in SVEC area schools may apply for these funds for the 2022-2023 school year through the new “Bright Ideas” Education Grant Program.
To apply, teachers must include:
• A budget
• Plan of implementation
• Creative elements
• Method of evaluation of project
• Approval from school principal
Who: All teachers K-12 in Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie and Bledsoe County schools
What: Education grants, up to $2,500 per project, used to fund specific equipment, materials and projects that will benefit students and encourage learning; for innovative, classroom-based projects that would not otherwise be funded.
Where: All schools in the SVEC service area
When: Applications are due by Friday, September 30, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. CDT. Winners will be announced October 2022.
How: Interested educators must complete a formal application thoroughly outlining their project by the deadline. Grant winners will be selected based on a competitive evaluation process.
The application may be submitted through the online form accessible on this page.
To submit hardcopy application, drop-off at any SVEC office in a sealed envelope, to the attention of "Bright Ideas" OR mail to SVEC, Attn. Bright Ideas, P. O. Box 31, South Pittsburg, TN 37380; OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applicant must be a teacher in a qualifying SVEC K-12 school
• The school principal must review and approve the proposal
• Requests for salaries or professional development do not qualify
• Directly involve students
• Seek to achieve clearly defined goals and learning objectives
• Use innovative and creative teaching methods
• Provide ongoing benefits to students.
• Feature measurable results that can be evaluated upon completion.